[Sca-cooks] sour apple sauce

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 20:53:34 PST 2014

Ranvaig commented:
> > Apples are a very common ingredient in Rumpolt.
> > An apple sauce described as sour, has vinegar
> > added.

Stefan li Rous wrote;
> I don't think I've ever had a "sour" apple sauce. I'm not sure whether I like the idea or not.

First, think of it as a sauce, not like modern "apple sauce". Rather than a sweet fruit puree to be eaten by itself, it's meant to be served with meat. It would be like any tangy sauce in that sense. I haven't seen the recipe, if there is one, in Rumpolt. But the Spanish apple sauce is made from apple juice, and i suspect that German one is as well.

Urtatim (that's oor-tah-TEEM)