[Sca-cooks] ground horseradish root

Saint Phlip saintphlip at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 14:44:57 PST 2014

Stefan, horseradish root grows wild, or perhaps feral- there was a patch
where I went to school in New Hampshire.

And I have frequently seen fresh roots in the produce area of several
supermarkets. Since it goes so well with beef, I wouldn't be surprised if
it's in many of the markets in your area.

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_prepare_horseradish/

Remove the green frondy bits, and that's what it looks like in the grocery
store. The rest of that page gives a fairly good description of how it is
prepared modernly.

And, careful- it is HOT!

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> wrote:

> Urtatim posted in a redacted recipe:
> <<< 5 cups ground horseradish root >>>
>
> Where did you find ground horseradish root?
>
> Was this a powder? Or are you referring to the chopped up horseradish root
> that I see in jars in vinegar? In the latter case, I would call this
> chopped horseradish root.
>
> Thanks,
>   Stefan
>

> --
Saint Phlip

So, you think your data is safe?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/23/schneier.google.hacking/index.html?hpt=T2

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

.I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I
have read with pleasure. -Clarence Darrow