[Sca-cooks] Taking one for the team.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 7 11:19:58 PST 2014

Morgan wrote:
<<<
> I taped it but don't know when, or if I'll get up the nerve, to watch it! eek!
> chimene

Somebody's eating my digests again, so haven't see the original of this. Still missing Vol. 93, issue 3 and 6. The others have come in, in a really random order. :-( Back to the archives when I get the time.

<<< I'm no expert, but you'd think someone would know that potatoes aren't medieval (G). The lentil soup was probably closest, throwing in veggies that were handy. I kept saying to myself, "Really!?" Penn Gillette's attitude was perfect: he cooked steaks (with brown sugar on them), and said he's pass them off as medieval, which made me smile, at least. >>>

Well, the Elizabethans seemed to put sugar in and on, everything. :-) But I don't have any evidence of them doing that with steak. And it wouldn't have been brown sugar, anyway.

<<< I ate worse at a Medieval Mystery Theatre meal at a local restaurant here years ago. They took everything but our spoons away, and served us french onion soup (the closest item), turkey legs, corn on the cob, and chocolate mousse. Sigh. I was using my dining companion's personal knife to cut corn off the cob and meat from the turkey bone because I was having a dental problem at the time. They came to take his knife away, and I conceded, to prevent physical mayhem (G). I didn't expect too much better from Fairbanks, Alaska, 15 years ago. >>>

I don't remember getting a spoon in Las Vegas.  Yea, it would be hard to get further from "medieval" if you tried.

<<< Morgana, hungry for armord nips, and I don't even like turnips (G) >>>

Those seem to have fallen out of fashion here in Ansteorra. I don't remember getting them in several years.

Stefan
PS: The Florilegium is back down for a bit. My sys admin found some obsolete that needed to be updated.
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris