[Sca-cooks] Best and worst Norse-themed Feasts?

morgana morgana at gci.net
Fri Jan 10 17:30:30 PST 2014

On Jan 10, 2014, at 12:30 PM, "Terry Decker" <t.d.decker at att.net> wrote:

> What's your problem with turnips?  Other than the human genetic problem with the TAS2R bitterness receptor which causes some people (20-25% of the population, IIRC) to preceive turnips and rutabagas as being extremely bitter?  Proper cooking can help reduce the problem, but not eliminate it.
>
> Bear

Oh my gosh. I did not know that. I normally can't stand them (add parsnips to my roots avoidance), and only armored nips, properly precooked and then spiced and baked are edible to me. I thought it was all the mashed overcooked gluey masses I had to eat in an English school in first and second grade (G). I must be one of the 20-25%! Good to know! Explains a lot….

Morgana in Oertha