[Sca-cooks] Portuguese Manuscript

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sun Jan 12 19:05:42 PST 2014

I'm a tad confused. You cite a translation, so presumably you know that it
exists.

The text itself is here:

http://objdigital.bn.br/Acervo_Digital/livros_eletronicos/cozinhaportuguesa.
pdf

http://www.lluisvives.com/servlet/SirveObras/fbn/05810518790525195209079/ind
ex.htm

Here's a translation of it:
http://www.sca.org.au/cooks/Pages/articles/Faerisa/A%20Treatise%20of%20Portu
guese%20Cuisine%20From%20the%2015th%20C.pdf

Here's  a blog post on it which can be readily translated:
http://acozinhamedieval.blogspot.com/2011/02/um-tratado-da-cozinha-portugues
a-do.html

Here's an English language look at one of the recipes in it:
http://www.fridayvalentine.com/rafaella/portuguese_beefhash2001.pdf

Etc. Lots out there.

Jim  Chevallier
 (http://www.chezjim.com/)
"Saved by fire: breads in archeology"
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/01/saved-by-fire-breads-in-archeology.html

In a message dated 1/12/2014 6:29:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,