[Sca-cooks] Grog was made from local and imported ingredients

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 11:30:05 PST 2014

Glögg is the word used in Scandinavia to what the Germans and Austrians
call Glögg Wein and in English is mulled wine. But it was not popular
before 1800 and the first recipe is from 1609.
Ana

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM, <JIMCHEVAL at aol.com> wrote:

> So am I honestly.
>
> I wonder if they didn't mean "glog".
>

> Jim  Chevallier
>  (http://www.chezjim.com/) www.chezjim.com
>
> Les Leftovers: sort of a food history  blog
> leslefts.blogspot.com
>

> In a message dated 1/20/2014 11:04:09 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> johnnae at mac.com writes:
>
> I am  slightly puzzled as to why this is termed a  "grog."

http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci