[Sca-cooks] Confections was Cut-Off Date for Cookery Books?

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Fri Jan 31 10:43:34 PST 2014

Ouverture (Liège 1604) has some sweet recipes, mostly for the base items
without details of what to do with them.  Several pastes, quite a number
of coloured jellies, a couple for imitation snow, a couple using a kind
of meringue.  A recipe for making a sugar solution that can be used to
cast figures.  Slightly more finished, a couple of recipes for imitation
bacon, and one for imitation ice.

There is a brief description of large subtleties carved out of butter.

There are a number of simple sweet pastries, and sweet dessert tarts.

Thorvald