[Sca-cooks] eyeglasses and cameras

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 21 15:50:05 PDT 2014

Daniel menioned:
<<< While not food how about eye glasses and cameras?  Trick question eye glasses are apparently period but not for all eye problems.  If I remember correctly period lenses would only correct for near sightedness.  Regards cameras yes but not with a lens or "film".  The answer to the trick question is the "camera obscure". >>>

Yep. You are correct in that period eyeglasses would only correct near-sightedness.

15C-Eyeglsses-art (10K) 4/14/02 "Eyeglasses and Concave Lenses in 15th C. Florence and Milan" by Lord Anton de Stoc
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DISABILITIES/15C-Eyeglsses-art.html

eyeglasses-msg (78K) 1/16/08 Period eyewear. Making replicas.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DISABILITIES/eyeglasses-msg.html

p-cameras-msg (12K) 10/28/05 Notes on period camera obscure.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TECHNOLOGY/p-cameras-msg.html
  (Oops, also in the UNCATALOGUED section. I'll have to remove this one. :-) )
:-)
Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com