[Sca-cooks] Meat and potatoes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 5 20:45:56 PST 2014

Susan said:
<<<Here in South America, the other night a guest from USA took a platter of fish (a 15th century recipe, which was excellent) to the kitchen and threw it out. When I discovered this I explained to her that although it was not to her liking my poor cleaning lady would loved it. >>>

Rather rude for a guest. I might have liked it.

So, what type of fish was it and what was the recipe? Since my wife doesn't like fish, I don't get much fish. Of course, given a fresh fish, especially a whole one with head and fins, I'm not really sure how to prepare it.

<<< A golf pro from the states arrived this week. He related that his colleagues will not eat the scrambled eggs offered at the buffet breakfast in his hotel. I have no clue what could be wrong with scrambled eggs. Perhaps you can enlighten me. >>>

Many buffet scrambled eggs suffer from being kept after cooking too long and end up being rubbery. Not inedible, but if I'm paying for it, I expect something better.  In an institutional setting, they may not even be made from fresh eggs, but from some kind of preprocessed egg mixture out of a container.

<<< Recently American guests critized breakfast buffets in hotels in this country because soft boiled eggs were not offered but chocolate kuchen was. >>>

What is "chocolate kuchen"?

I like meat and potatoes. But I will try other things. However, it will take extra effort to get me to eat green, squishy things or things with unusual textures.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris