[Sca-cooks] Hake and eggs

Saint Phlip saintphlip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:41:15 PDT 2014

Just keep in mind, folks, that there are some almighty ugly (but tasty)
fish out there:

http://www.chicagonow.com/lists-that-actually-matter/2011/02/10-ugliest-species-of-fish-ugly-week-continues/#image/1

And, another list of generally ugly food:

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-ugly-animals-that-are-shockingly-delicious.php

Gets me wondering why people happily eat cute, or at least reasonably
attractive foods, like lamb and deer and geese or other poultry, but turn
up their noses at critters that must have been created when the creating
deities woke up with a bad hangover...

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 5:19 AM, Antonia di Benedetto Calvo <
dama.antonia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/03/2014 10:42 p.m., Arianwen wrote:
>
>> OK, when I first started teaching! it was in Australia, From AZ.  There I
>> found hake and flake, never heard of either before, but one was shark and
>> the other was Ray, as I was told to make the public more amenable to eating
>> them, inexpensive and still nourishing.  I remember having frozen shark
>> steak at home cause daddy liked fish and it was cheap. Never heard it was
>> eel though.
>>

> "Hake" is ray/skate.  Flake is school shark.  The default fish in fish and
> chips in Australasia is flake.
>
> --
> Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Saint Phlip

So, you think your data is safe?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/23/schneier.google.hacking/index.html?hpt=T2

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

.I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I
have read with pleasure. -Clarence Darrow