[Sca-cooks] Heresy?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 11:00:23 PDT 2014

There are two versions in Two 15th-- Both are easily found courtesy of medieval cookery.com

This is an excerpt from Two Fifteenth-Century Cookery-Books
(England, 1430)
The original source can be found at the University of Michigan's "Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse"

xix - Venyson y-bake. Take hoghes of Venyson, and parboyle hem in fayre Water an Salt; and whan the Fleyssche is fayre y-boylid, make fayre past, and cast thinVenyson ther-on; and caste a-boue an be-nethe, pouder Pepir, Gyngere, and Salt, and than sette it on the ouyn, and lat bake, and serue forth.

autodoc

This is an excerpt from Two Fifteenth-Century Cookery-Books
(England, 1430)
The original source can be found at the University of Michigan's "Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse"

Venyson ybake. Take hanches of Venyson, parboile it in faire water and salt; then take faire paast, and ley there-on the Venyson y-cutte in pieces as thou wolt have it, and cast vnder hit, and aboue hit, powder of ginger, or peper and salt medylde togidre, And sette hem in An oven, and lete hem bake til they be ynogh.

Johnnae
autodoc