[Sca-cooks] Obscene medieval pastries

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 21:28:47 PST 2014

Well, similar. I doubt there's an actual lineage. The classical erotic
pastries were related to religious beliefs; the medieval examples seem to have
just been people having frank fun.

By the way, despite Le Grand's objection, Mercier supposedly writes
somewhere of people making obscenely shaped pastries in their own time (the
eighteenth century). It's not like people have ever needed much inspiration in
this domain.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

The  shifting phases of French bread history
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-shifting-phases-of-french-bread.htm

In a message dated 11/12/2014 9:02:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,