[Sca-cooks] Help with Italian word - can't find translation.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:05:52 PST 2014

Rebecca said:
<<< which I
translate as "take the tengato of whatever you want, and take almonds and
ginger and cinnamon, the best that you can have, and spice some with cloves
and nutmeg and a little saffron, and mix these things well, and grind
them..." It's to make a sauce. >>>

When you think you have this figured out, please repost the recipe, and perhaps your redaction for it. This sounds intriguing. I’ve not studied sauces that much, but ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves AND saffron? The last sounds odd with the others, or is it? I usually don’t think of saffron as a sweet spice, whereas I thought the other are/were.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris