[Sca-cooks] Carrots and Rice

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Sep 7 19:56:58 PDT 2014

> In a message dated 9/7/2014 12:53:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> lordhunt at gmail.com writes:
> I ask because vegetables and fruits don’t appear  in accounts of medieval
> manors. I suppose they were collecting their seeds and  planting them instead
> of going to a garden center to buy a package.

There's a listing in a Carolingian manorial record called the
Capitulaire de Villis (basically instructions from Charles to the
managers of his estates) online at
http://www.le.ac.uk/hi/polyptyques/capitulare/latin2english.html The
food-related stuff is near the bottom of the page.

Liutgard
--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: