[Sca-cooks] stockfish recipes

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 20:45:58 PDT 2015

As I wrote earlier in Scandinavia it's something called Lutefisk, many
Swedes and Norwegians took it with them to the US I am almost sure you know
about it. Its stockfish treated with salt and with lye

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Ana

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:40 AM, David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>
wrote:

> As best I can tell, stockfish is fish, usually but not always cod, that
> has been air dried in cold weather without salt. Clipfish is the salted
> version. So what I have labeled "stockfish" may actually be clipfish.
>
> On 9/9/15 8:01 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
>> Cariadoc said:
>> <<< Incidentally, the grocery also had something labeled stockfish. I
>> believe it said it was salted. So another project is to find a period
>> recipe that says how to treat stockfish?I'm pretty sure I've seen one. >>>
>>
>> Try this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
>> stockfish-msg (144K) 7/28/11 Period preserved fish.
>> http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/stockfish-msg.html
>>
>> Unfortunately when I started this file, I thought “stockfish” was any
>> preserved fish and not just dried fish or dried fish of a specific type, so
>> there are both smoked and dried fish recipes in there. (So, what is the
>> best definition of ‘stockfish’?)  When I have a better feel for the
>> definition, and I have the time, I will go through and edit this file.
>>
>> For other preserved fish recipes there is also this file:
>> pickled-fish-msg (40K) 7/28/11 Pickled fish. Either by storing in vinegar
>> or by the action of lactic acid.
>> http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/pickled-fish-msg.html
>>
>> Stefan
>> --------
>> THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
>>     Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
>> StefanliRous at gmail.com
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris
>> **** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:  http://www.florilegium.org ****

> --
> David Friedman
> www.daviddfriedman.com
> http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/

https://anavaldes.wordpress.com/
www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci