[Sca-cooks] Tirrikh, Stockfish, Progress

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Sep 10 15:20:07 PDT 2015

Today I stopped by a local Slavic Market in my search for varieties of
dried fish. One that they had was labeled "Russian Stockfish." Since I
already have two varieties of dried fish from the local Chinese
supermarket to experiment with I didn't buy any, but I did photograph
the package. Careful inspection of the picture plus a little web
searching informed me that the fish was Caspian Roach, which is a
cyprinid—as is pearl mullet aka tirrikh. It's salted, so not stockfish
in the strong sense.

So I now have a source for something as close to tirrikh as I am likely
to find outside of Turkey.

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com