[Sca-cooks] honey

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:04:54 PDT 2016

Suey commented:
<<< I bought a candy thermometer but after 220 degrees I burn the honey. Either it turns out too burned and hard or too soft. >>>

I’m not sure what terms you are seeing in the original recipe and this is about sugar, rather than honey, but it might prove of use:
Sweet-Terms-art (12K) 2/ 6/06 "Some Sweet Terms" by Dame Alys Katharine.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Sweet-Terms-art.html

Also, some more general commentary:
honey-msg (24K) 3/ 3/13 Period use of honey. Honey sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/honey-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com