[Sca-cooks] Free Online Course!

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:29:17 PDT 2016

<<< I don't know anything about FutureLearn though, do
you have any experience with them? Before I sign up on their website, I
thought I'd ask. The course sounds great though!
Christianna  >>>

The FutureLearn outfit is legit. I’m taking one course and have taken another. They consist of numerous short lectures by the professor(s), sometimes with illustrations or short videos. Also some short quizzes and some online discussion. I don’t tend to have enough time right now to do all of these. I think I’d rather have a string of longer, instructional videos and less of the profs standing at the lectern or debates between different professors.

I have learned various new things, and they seem to be up on the latest happenings in their various fields.

Since their are no credits for the classes and the classes are free, you could take a course and just listen to couple of classes that are within our period of study if you wished.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris