[Sca-cooks] Medieval Spanish Chef's blog titled "Charles, Perry"

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 08:12:11 PST 2016

> Elise Fleming wrote:
>
> This is what is written in the preface to Perry's translation: "A
> complete translation by Charles Perry of the Arabic edition of Ambrosio
> Huici Miranda with the assistance of an English translation by Elise
> Fleming, Stephen Bloch, Habib ibn-al Andalusi and Janet Hinson of the
> Spanish Translation by Ambrosio Huici Miranda." That pretty much sums it up.

That is in answer to my query:

>> In reference to the Anon Al-Andalus, I am not comfortable that all the
>> credit goes to Perry as many of you worked very hard on it. I think
>> you should be recognized for your contributions. How can I rephrase
>> that? Do you have any other suggestions or correction?

Thank you very much Elise. In my coping and saving the "Perry" translation, somehow I did not see the introduction where credits are given to all of you. I shall add this to my bilbliography as well as the "Perry" blog.

I liked la Granja’s introduction of his Fadalat text where he explains that he spent summers in Morocco searching for vocabulary used in his translation. In short, translating these text is a mammoth job and you all deserve to the laurels, not just Charles.

I just have two more query. Where does David Friedman fit in?