[Sca-cooks] Medieval Spanish Chef's blog titled "Charles, Perry"

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Dec 18 12:34:15 PST 2016

On 12/18/16 8:12 AM, Susan Lord wrote:

> I just have two more query. Where does David Friedman fit in?
I was the one who first got Elise et. al. to translate Miranda's Spanish
translation into English and then later got Perry to go back and redo it
from the Arabic with the assistance of their retranslation. All of the
work was done by other people. All I did was get them to do it and then
make the result available to people as part of the xeroxed collection of
period cookbooks I produced.

That was one part of a long term project to get people to translate
cookbooks. It included Janet Hinson's translation of the cooking section
of /Le Menagier/, my wife's translation of /Du Fait de Cuisine/ and,
most recently, our daughter's translation of a 15th century Italian
cookbook. All now on my web page.

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com