[Sca-cooks] Bread Puzzles - Paris

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 11:54:01 PST 2016

The other bread test I referenced (but did not translate) might be of
interest, although it is less detailed. This is from Paris in 1432:

_https://books.google.com/books?id=qnEnhvWuWgYC&dq=pain%20%22deux%20doubles%
22&pg=PA995#v=onepage&q&f=true_
(https://books.google.com/books?id=qnEnhvWuWgYC&dq=pain%20"deux%20doubles"&pg=PA995#v=onepage&q&f=true)

It  includes a list of costs at the end. Note that one item that is NOT
mentioned  here is salt.

Jim  Chevallier

Contributor, Savoring Gotham
A Food  Lover's Companion to New York City
Editor-in-chief: Andrew F. Smith  and Foreword by Garrett Oliver
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/savoring-gotham-9780199397020?cc=us&
lang=en

In a message dated 2/3/2016 9:36:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,