[Sca-cooks] Subject: Lard and making piecrusts

Susan Lord lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 12:36:50 PST 2016

> Aruvqan wrote:
>
> I just ordered 2 8 oz boxes of Atora brand suet for making a bread
> pudding for Thanksgiving, and have just over a box and a half left to
> mess with. Don't think I would make pie crusts with it, I was figuring
> on more different puddings, I am working on picking out a plum pudding
> recipe [which will let me mess with my new pudding cloth]

I buy more then I need at the central market as I hate to go there. Then I freeze the leftover suet until needed. I use to think in was only called for in English pudding and pies but now I use it in period Spanish pottages all the time. Just today, I fried partridges in it for a 14th century pottage recipe.

When you decide on a plum pudding recipe please share it!
What is a "pudding cloth"?