[Sca-cooks] honey butter

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Oct 4 12:01:51 PDT 2016

Surely you jest (right and don't call you Shirley).  Considering some of the
waits I've had at feasts, "sit down and served" ain't exactly the standard.
(I will admit that my last feast meets this standard.  The first course was
over the bar within five minutes of the Crown's arrival and I sent out a
course roughly every 20-25 minutes following).

My classic wait was at the first event (Steppes 12th Night) I attended
outside of my local group about 40 years ago.  We sat down.  The feast was
on hold.  The King held court.  The feast was on hold.  Then the Prince held
court.   The feast was on hold.  Then it came to Baron Alymandus Draconus
(probably misspelled, it's been a long time).  He look out over the crowd
and in a beautiful bass voice says, "To hell with court, let's eat."
Whereupon the food began to flow, a little worse for the wait and we began
dining three hours late.

Bear

Also, one reason we expect bread and a spread to be on the table is because
when we go to restaurants, those items are on our table so we can nosh while
waiting for our food.  With period feasts, you sit down and the food is
served, so there's no waiting period.

Your servant,

Anne