[Sca-cooks] true medieval bread recipes

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:00:18 PDT 2016

Jim Chevallier said:
<<< in fact, in the West, there are  virtually no true medieval
bread recipes. >>>

Not quite true, but yes they are very limited.

I think the number is around dozen and a half, depending upon how broadly you define “bread”. I think I have about a dozen in the Florilegium. Someday, I may group them together in a file only on period bread recipes, cutting out a lot of the commentary, which will remain in the other bread files.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris