[Sca-cooks] An SCA feast

Christine Seelye-King Chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Tue Sep 20 16:49:31 PDT 2016

When we cashed our paychecks for the first on-site historic cooking demo we
did together (a marathon 4-day event over an open hearth in an extant 1840's
cookhouse in front of 20,000 people), we congratulated ourselves on finally
being professional culinary historians.  Mundanely, I teach food history
classes all the time, and am often booked in as a speaker on culinary and
herbal history.  I founded the Culinary Historians of Atlanta, and run the
Culinary Historians group on Linkedin (hey folks - if you are on Linkedin,
come join the Culinary Historians group!) He has been playing more with the
Norselanders and Tuatha de Bhriain folks than SCA, although has moved back
to Meridies and is getting more active locally. He is a wiz around an open
fire, and cooked a whole pig one night for dinner at Pennsic, just for
kicks.  He can also let his mouth run without stopping to think sometimes,
which is often where I come in :)
I will get in touch with him this evening and tell him he's been quite the
topic of conversation over here.
Christianna