[Sca-cooks] true medieval bread recipes

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Sep 22 12:31:32 PDT 2016

My guess is she means Curye on Inglysch: English Culinary Manuscripts of the Fourteenth Century (Including the Forme of Cury) edited by Constance Hieatt and Sharon Butler.
Published in 1985 by the EETS, Curye on Inglysch contains the four earliest collections of culinary recipes to be found in English. Two are printed here for the first time, including one that draws directly on identifiable Anglo--Norman sources. The collections are supplemented by a group of miscellaneous early recipes including confections and drinks such as "aqua vite"taken from medical collections. The editors provide additional information about culinary terms and their history in the Introduction and Glossary.

Johnnae

Sent from my iPad