[Sca-cooks] Your top three books

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Thu Sep 22 14:23:10 PDT 2016

1. Annals of the Caliphs' Kitchens:  Ibn Sayyār al-Warrāq's
Tenth-Century Baghdadi Cookbook, translated by Nawal Nasrallah
2. The Medieval Health Handbook, by Luisa Cogliati Arano (collects and
tabulates data from the primary manuscripts of the Tacuinum Sanitatis,
includes color and BW plates).
3. Medieval Arab Cookery, edited and translated by Charles Perry et al.

I use a bunch of other cookbooks and references, but i cannot imagine
being without these three.

-- Galefridus Peregrinus