[Sca-cooks] true medieval bread recipes

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 11:11:11 PDT 2016

Right. I would love to know what they turned into "Whipple". I'm guessing
"aark" and "arca" are variations of the same word, probably meaning to work
or  to knead. But the phonetic breakdown of the original (which Google
Translate  provides) doesn't show anything very close to those sounds.

Still, long experience with the tool leads me to render this much: "Take
semolina. --- [water?] and add in the salt and as much [water] as moistens it
 and [do something] well [until that something is] [done]"

jC

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

FRENCH BREAD HISTORY:  Seventeenth century bread
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2016/02/french-food-history-seventeenth-century
.html

In a message dated 9/26/2016 10:43:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,