[Sca-cooks] Cooking workshop 9/3

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Aug 27 21:14:14 PDT 2017

We are doing one of our cooking workshops on Sunday, September 3rd.

For those who have not attended one in the past, the way it works is
that you show up at 1:00, we hand you a stack of period recipes, you
pick one to do. We spend the afternoon with each person doing a recipe,
keeping track of quantities, temperatures, and times--information
usually not included in the original--and everyone trying things and
commenting when they are done.

Everyone is welcome, including kids who like to cook. No charge. Not in
garb. Let us know if you are coming so we will have a count of how many
recipes to be set up to do.

If there is any particular sort of food you would like to try a recipe
for or any particular cuisine (time and place) you are interested in,
let me know and I'll see if we have a suitable recipe. We have a new
source for a few Chinese recipes and one for lots of 13th c. Islamic
recipes, and will probably be doing some things from those. There are
also some period German "maybe sort of like pizza" recipes one of which
we might do. And a 10th century Islamic desert made largely from carrots.

Location 3806 Williams Rd, San Jose, CA 95117.
408 244-3330

--
David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com