[Sca-cooks] Twelfth Cakes and More

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Jan 12 14:00:48 PST 2017

Having spoken to Ivan several times about the transportation of his sugar works, I know that these display items are created in advance and shipped by overseas carrier. (I want to say he used to use DHL.) Take a look at the items he created for the Minneapolis Art Museum show back in 2012. He does extras and ships the lot. He then unpacks and then does repairs if needed. Lastly, he sets up.

Taking one of these items through British and USA customs and TSA at an airport would an absolute nightmare. Countess Alys had the dogs alert on her sugar paste packages at one of the Cooks Cons. Airport personnel sliced the bags open and let the sugar leak out all over her clothing. Mysterious white powder....

Johnnae
Sent from my iPad