[Sca-cooks] Christmas in July...

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Tue Jul 25 07:28:33 PDT 2017

I've got the revised file uploaded.

- Doc

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [Sca-cooks] Christmas in July...
From: "Glenn Gorsuch" <ggorsuch at gmail.com>
Date: 7/24/17 10:17 pm
To: "sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org" <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>

Well, kinda.

 Remember a bit over a month, month and a half ago that Duke Cariadoc found
 for us the text of a bunch of sixteenth century Hungarian recipes? And we
 all agreed it was sad that we didn't read Hungarian.

 Well, just over a month ago, I had this crazy notion. What if we could
 find a translator online? How much would it cost? Well, too much for this
 petty bureaucrat to pay for it turns out. But I asked around a few of my
 local SCA cooking groups on Facebook, and, um, in under fifty and a half
 hours, I had a crowdfunded commitment for the whole amount, including for
 the feast menus from 1603 that followed it. We all agreed that it would be
 made available to anyone who wanted it.

 It took a month for him to get the recipes done. The menus are still in
 process. But waiting...waiting stinks.

 The cookbook is now up at http://medievalcookery.com/etexts.html?Hungary

 There is a slight revision coming in the next day or so, but nothing that
 would keep you from enjoying it now. It will also shortly be hosted on
 Cariadoc's site and Fibergeek.com

 Go, redact, and cook! And share what you're doing!

 Gwyn Chwith ap Llyr