[Sca-cooks] Concerning Ryori Monogatari

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:54:50 PST 2017

On 3/7/2017 12:50 PM, Alec Story wrote:
> I think those dairy products are also in Qimin Yaoshu.  One of these days
> I'll post a rigorous translation, but one of them is basically "boil milk
> and keep pulling the skin off until you can't get more skin.  Dry that, and
> then grate it into soups and the like.  A good food for traveling."

Interesting way to preserve the fat and protein content of milk. Just
cow, or sheep,camel, yak and goat as well? Wonder what it rehydrates into.

I just ordered a package of 5 different heirloom yogurt cultures for
Phlip and I to play with, and I am fascinated by the variations in the
finished product. From a thin drink to full on thick goop to a sort of
gelatinous one. Can't wait, I am thinking of making the minimal batch of
each and doing a 'tasting flight' to see which one/ones we end up
preferring.