[Sca-cooks] The Science of Cookery

Susi Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Sat Oct 21 16:15:27 PDT 2017

Hi Stefan!

Niyes,  you would have to cut/pound the pig cracklings pretty small,... BUT
they are close.
Here they come either smallish and in their fat. Or small cut and without
fat, OR almos as big as the one you can buy in the States in bags.

the first link below does have pictures, basically it is a yeast dough with
the cracklings finely ground mixed in or filled with them, maybe you COULD
use the ones you can buy, but I would make my one from not smoked *fresh or
green* bacon (belly bacon does work, you need a bacon with enough fat to be
rendered into cracklings)

http://www.fred-zimmer.at/vap/4/Db/p34/i339/s21/grammel-pogatschen_pogacsa_nach_www_g26_ch_grieben.html

http://www.fred-zimmer.at/vap/4/Db/p79/i729/s21/grammel-pogatschen_diverse_grieben-pogatschen.html

Have to look through the book more closely to tell more,...

Katharina

Message: 3