[Sca-cooks] In and Around The Rock

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Sep 22 04:41:18 PDT 2018

Huh, gather you don't know or maybe don't remember that Ivan Day is a personal friend of mine.
I’ve actually been to his house for a special class on Gervase Markham so I’ve seen the mould collection there firsthand and even used parts of it.
I was pleased to see Ivan in person at the DIA last year here in Michigan. He brought along a few of the Shakespearean moulds. His sugar paste Neptune still graces my dining room table. He presented it to me because he didn’t want to take it back home.

My blog on sugar already has 50 posts. One early post reads:

TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2015
 <>
Subtleties&Stuffe Ivan Day
 <https://commonplaceboke.blogspot.com/2015/04/subtleties-ivan-day.html>

Ivan Day

I mentioned sometime back that I would be mentioning and sharing sources. Up to now I have been mentioning various historical books and passages of interest.
Here’s a living sourcebook of sorts.

Johnnae