[Sca-cooks] white sausages

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Feb 9 13:30:39 PST 2019

White sausage is a sausage that looks white in it's casing.  Boudin blanc is
made from pork that has ben drained of blood (some recipes add rice).
Weisswurst is made from minced veal and fatty bacon.  Kielbasa biala are
made from pork shoulder sometimes with beef added.  I would assume that a
sausage made of white fish would qualify as white sausage.

Bear

I've collected a fair amount of info in the Florilegium on sausages, but
what is a "white" sausage? I assume this isn't a reference to the white mold
found on the outside of some sausages.

Stefan