[Sca-cooks] Onion Leaves with Beef

Julia Szent-Gyorgyi jpmiaou at gmail.com
Sun May 3 21:59:45 PDT 2020

> I guess I'm still a beginning cook/foodie. What is a "roulade"?, a "Szuz tekercsek" or a "Rinder rouladen"? I guess they are German, but...

A roulade is any food that is rolled up.

Szűztekercsek is Hungarian; it literally comes out "virgin roll-ups".
It is based on the word for "tenderloin", _szűzpecsenye_, which is
literally "virgin roast". It's basically a stuffed meat roll; it can
have a pastry crust, kind of like Beef Wellington, or it can be tied
with string or held together with a pick while cooking. (There are as
many variations as there are cooks who make it.)

See also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roulade
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouladen

Julia