[Sca-cooks] Onion Leaves with Beef

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon May 11 17:32:35 PDT 2020

I retried the roast part of the recipe rolling the meat in coarse sea salt.

Washing off the roast left the meat damp and helped the salt adhere to the surface forming a salt crust on the roast.  In roasting, the crust hardens a little and can be easily removed.  Roasted in this manner, the meat is picks up a sharp taste of salt.  Not bad for the average individual, but it tastes too salty for people on a low salt diet (testing it on my wife).  Next time I use this recipe, I'll sprinkle the spices.  The remainder of this roast I'll put in a stew to dilute the salt.

Bear