[Scriptoris] introductions, please

Betty Herrington ciard at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 19:27:02 PDT 2001

Greetings to the List

I am THLady Ciard O'Seachnasaigh, a recent transplant from Meridies (Baton
Rouge LA). I have been in the Society 13 years, and spent much of that time
very active with the Scribe's Guild. I served as database keeper and
organizer of files for the founding Chancellor of Scribes.

I've created many local event and original kingdom scrolls.Some have proven
very popular, most notably the one per a Royal request for an Argent Shield
scroll especially for female fighters.

I created several interior pages and the end pages for the Gleann Abhain
History book, and a Lady of the Rose scroll for Katrina of Iron Mountain,
and a Laurel's scroll (in Irish) for Aeruin ni hErain O'Connemara (sic -
sorry do not have spelling handy)

I work a lot from the Book of Kells, but I've also done Spanish and Islamic.
My calligraphy is passable, and I feel my best effects go into combining
motifs and colors.

I am apprenticed to Mistress Brigit Olesdottir, and also work with applique
embroidery, costuming, Irish studies from the original sources, and was Poet
Laureate of Meridies, and Founding Dean of Academic Research and Librarian
for the Royal University, and a Companion of the Order of the Athenor (for
Scholars.)

I now live in the Steppes (Mesquite) but don't get out much on those
freeways.

I am available now for a new scroll project and my fingers are starting to
get itchy.