[Scriptoris] Prioritizing and systems

Ansteorra Star Signet star_signet at ansteorra.org
Thu Sep 11 07:34:48 PDT 2003

I have no problem with seting our system up to be geared towards the peers
and royals. I would add to that current and former Landed Nobility who want
a scroll
commemorating their investiture. (I know a few former landeds who would
actually like to have these even though many have their court barony
charters from after they stepped down)

If any one of the grant orders contacts me wants something more than a
charter then I am
not going to stop them from contacting a scribe and commissioning something
for themselves. These request will be on a separate "want ad" page from the
peerage and Royals "want ads."  the "Other Want ad" page can be used for the
charter request as well

On to systems for handling these request:

I am currently working on a system for
making the request easier to process I have uploaded a CGI form to
http://scrbe.ansteorra.org/scrollrequest.html It is noted currently;by on
that
page that the form is not yet the standard request avenue and to contact me.
However I would like the scribal community to take a look at it, seeing if
there is enough basic information for you to decide to contact some one
regarding the commission.The information requested is based loosley on the
info form the Abbey has used in the past.

In Faith
Darius
Signet

> >BTW, have I mentioned yet that I also think we need to
> >limit our list to peers and royals (those of county or
> >ducal rank)? Every award at grant level or below
> >already comes with a scroll, but peers and royals
> >often - *usually* - do not receive scrolls, so if
> >we're going to work on backlog, I think it makes sense
> >to start with those.
> >

> I second this. Ansteorra has a functioning source for painted charters for
all non-peerage/royal awards.
>      The caveat to this would be to provide those non-peer/royal award
requestors with a completed painted charter. There are multiple cases where
the award recipient for some reason never gets their charter.

> Also, would we want to take on the commisions for those peers/royals who
have moved into Ansteorra from other kingdoms.