[Scriptoris] Scrolls and Charters--why?

lisabetta lisabetta at houston.rr.com
Thu Sep 11 12:47:45 PDT 2003

Siobhan,

Come to my region :)
our guild members in the coastal region spend more time and effort
on AOA's . For they know that for most it is the only award they
will receive. It can also be the award that gets them really moving
in the sca.

Many of them also work on creating event invitations, and orginal
and master prize scrolls.

Most are also working on an orginal master for my challange I ussed
last year. With more fancy for the lower level awards.

Betta
CR scribe

> I know it is common thinking that the higher the award the more
elaborate the
>scroll and that AoAs are simple, easy and can and should be whipped
out in
>as little as an hour since they are not that *important*.  But perhaps
we
>should keep in mind that that pre-printed, painted scroll is all
you get
>with an Award of Arms and that for  most folks that is the only Kingdom
>award they will ever receive.
>
>Just some thoughts from 'only a painter'
>I remain
>In Service
>Siobhan,
>Northkeep Scribal Guild

          EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere:
                http://email-reader.com/mail/
      4,500 cybercafes worldwide  -  http://netcafeguide.com/