[Scriptoris] looking for a knightly peerage scroll

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 08:35:55 PDT 2004

--- Zubeydah <zubeydah at northkeep.org> wrote:
> I've been asked by a friend to work on a peerage scroll for his squire brother, who received his
> Peerage many years ago. I've never seen an Ansteorran peerage, save for Sir Balvin's, for all of
> a few minutes...  I've found tons on other kingdom sites, but few here at home.
>
> Does anyone have scanned resources that could help?
>
> desperately,
> zubeydah

Sir Godwin of Edington Letters Patent, was made by Lady Suzanne de la Ferte.  I'll see if he has a
digital image of it, sadly it's not on Suzanne's gallery on the Ansteorran scribes page.
You may also want to check out the page for the Duchy scroll that Sara Penrose did, on the
Ansteorran site, it's not a peerage, but it's a Royalty scroll.
I would also think that most other peerage scrolls from other kingdoms would also serve as a good
source, as many of the heraldic details are the same (blazon & enblazon) of their arms.

For a peerage scroll requirements in Ansteorra, check out the Award Text document, off the Scribes
page for Ansteorra: http://scribe.ansteorra.org/
then to > Articles & Forms  > Approved Scroll Text in the Kingdom of Ansteorra Revised 1999
That may help you get a start on what is required on the scroll.

Also, you need to decide if this is going to be a 'Letters Patent' scroll, as it just to recognize
his knighthood, only, then it's signed by the crown who gave it.  If its to be a full
'Achievement's scroll, that recognizes his full efforts in the SCA at this peerage level, with all
the heraldic stuff; then you want the Achievement text, which is signed by the Star Principal
Herald.

Keep us posted on your progress, it may serve as a learning tool for others.