[Scriptoris] scroll for Companions to the Order of the Rose

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 04:26:25 PST 2005

Etienne, our mighty Star Principal Herald, wrote:

> There is a specific charter text for the Order of the Rose in the current
> publication of the Awards' text document (page 15).  In the case of the
> Order of the Rose, there is an optional line of text that gets added to the
> charter granting a county rank (the one Darius mentioned) and most of the
> time I see that line added to original works for county charters (again, as
> Darius noted).  I am curious; does anyone know of a former consort who had
> a separate Order of the Rose charter completed?

The only Ansteorran case in which it has thus far been *necessary* was HG
Hector.  At one time I was working on this for (and unbeknownst, so keep it
that way, grrrr) him, but that was BCT (Before Carpal Tunnel).  I may yet
complete it.  It would be done in legal-document style, of course.

--Serena

(One minor quibble, boss; contrary to popular belief, the adjective form of
"count" is "comital", as in "granting comital rank".)