[Scriptoris] the Sable Talon...

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Fri Apr 1 12:54:40 PST 2005

At 02:41 PM 4/1/2005, zubeydah wrote:
>So... would one send in a recommendation as to a particular form of chivalric
>combat, like sword-n-board, or a particular type of archery (crossbow), etc?
>Or is it just, "I would like to recommend so and so for a Sable Talon in the
>field of Chivalric Combat"?  I've already had folks ask me that, knowing I am
>involved with scrolly type things.

Chivalric Combat, Rapier Combat, Equestrian (Deeds?/Arts?), Thrown Weapons,
Siege Engineering, and Archery.  More specificity would likely muddy the
waters and while someone could receive more than one Sable Talon (though
only once per field) I don't forsee someone getting a Talon in Great Sword
and Glave and Schlager and Foil, etc.  The original intent appears to me to
be for the six fields of endeavor and not the specific form in the field
(which is different than the Sable Thistle).

Etienne