[Scriptoris] Submitting designs

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 14:38:25 PDT 2006

--- Chiara Francesca <chiara.francesca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, me too. I need to have one of my designs released from the award it is
> tied to so that it can be used with a different award since the one I did it
> for was retired.
>
> Chiara

Chiara,
Per my understanding, any artwork you design, you own.  While you have granted 'permission' for
the artwork to be used by Ansteorra for original charter master designs and perhaps also
displaying that charter on the web, the permission form does not lock down that design to a
specific charter; nor do you need my permission to adapt the design for use elsewhere. It's your
design; you can use it on another charter, a newsletter cover, thank you notes, embroidered on
your garb, put it on your website, etc.

Now, if another artisan wants to use your artwork, they would have to get permission directly from
you.   Ansteorra, or rather the SCA Inc, cannot grant them access to your work that you have given
the SCA permission to use. The SCA only have the designated rights to use the design that the
permission form grants and within the limits that the permission form designates.  The SCA cannot
grant that access away.

So, Chiara - take your design and reuse it in another charter, we can always use more charter
designs.

If any further questions, please ask,
Cheers, Hillary, Signet