[Scriptoris] Ultra Fine Calig markers or pens

Donald Whitney dwhitney98 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:15:56 PST 2011

Vyolante,

  If your going to shape metal nibs like this, you can get a very fine edge using a corrundum nail file - available for $10 at department stores.
This is similar to the corrundum blocks professional jewelers use to sharpen gravers for engraving on metal, which requires a very fine edge (but the cost is a lot less for the nail file).  If you don't have access to that, you can try 1000 grit or finer sandpaper, but be warned that putting this on a buffing wheel would probably distort the shape you are going for.

  The bifocal headset is ok (especially for detail work and if your going to be doing it for a while - I have 2 sets), but you could also use a jeweler's loupe (10x magnification) to check the nibs.

Silvius, unlettered, but knows a thing or two about metal and rocks