SR - Principality and Work

Martin, Brian bmartin at origin.ea.com
Tue Apr 14 07:17:02 PDT 1998

	Greetings All,

	I'm not going to pretend that I've been reading all of the seemingly
endless posts about principality and work because I haven't. My only
email account is at my place of business and if I were to read all of
the posts in this thread, I'd be unable to get any work done. However,
I do have one thing to say and it as follows.

	Yes, a principality will require work. It may require hard work. But
you know what? It SHOULD require hard work because great things
require hard work. If it doesn't take some hard work and dedication it
can't be all that great and that's just the way of things. Its like
earning a peerage or winning Crown: its supposed to be hard. If it
were easy, everybody would do it. Its the hard that makes it great.
Why do you think that throughout the history of humanity, we have
acknowledged and admired heroes? Its because heroes overcome strife
and do great things. It doesn't matter if your hero is Caesar, Gengis
Kahn, William Marshal, Michael Jordan, Chuck Yeager, Carl Sagan or
Steve Jobs; they did what they did with hard work and determination.
They over came odds and people admire them. To millions of people they
have been and are heroes. While we're still mourning the death of a
great Lion, remember Ricardo's motto: Try Harder!

	So let's not quibble and let's not nit pick. Let's do as heroes do.

	Pendaran