SR - Principality Work Mirage (even longer)

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Mon Apr 13 18:19:11 PDT 1998

Greetings!

Donal said...
>Well. A few things to start.
>
>I have been accused of being snide in print, and of making personal attacks and
>flames disguised as debate.

Yes, I used "snide" to describe your words. I do not and did not mean that
as a personal attack. As I said in my earlier post, let's try and argue " in
good faith". Donal, I belive you are doing what you think is best for the
Kingdom and Region. Please take my word that I am trying to do the same.

> the Regional officer
>system could easily be made to act as such a proving ground, by the simple
>expedient of decentralizing the offices. This is why I added the caveat about
>"If utilized properly." Also, I was not previously aware that anyone was
>concerned about a lack of experience among Kingdom officers - certainly, no one
>has approached me with any such concerns.

I have no problem with the work the Kingdom officers are doing, of course, I
dont check their P's and Q's. What do you mean by decentralizing the
Regional Offices??

>And Dieterich said:

>> I'll be darned- with incentive comes volounteers.  How the hell did that
>happen?

And Donal said...

 I see a great number of people who do a great deal of work, and don't
>seem to be in it for the awards. But they get spread pretty thin.

I've seen this problem before. Ask the Officers of some groups who have held
an office or rotated offices for *YEARS* because no one else will. In
Raven's Fort we now have deputys for all our officers, and are trying to
bring people along so they can step into whatever role needs to be filed in
the future.

Donal said...

>Got me there. I was in Houston, fulfilling a previous promise that was
called in
>at the last minute, otherwise I would indeed have been in Tempio.

Sorry you couldnt be there. I hope to see (and debate) you at one of the
next meetings....

I'm not sure who said.........

>>Later in your post you continue...

>>>of which you propose to add at least four

We do have alot of events. Our law (or is it custom?) allows an event in
each region each weekend except for Crown/Coronation. Thats a bunch. Then
you end up woth weekends like the last few where you have 4 events in one
weekend and only one the next.

Take a look at other kingdoms event scheduals. Trimaris, for example, Had
only *ONE* schedualed event in March. That was their coronation. The other
event was Gulf war (not in their kingdom). I vaguly remember looking at the
Outland list, and thinking "gosh, they must have everyone come to each
event, because there are so few".

Humm, Trimaris might be an interesting example to take a closer look at.
They only have three Baronys and it's roughly the same size as the southern
region.

Does anyone know where to get population counts? Ours and other kingdoms? I
know the one on the Anst web page, but thats over a year old.

Timo