SR - borderlands & process

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Jul 3 09:16:11 PDT 1998

On 2 Jul 98, at 21:18, avicenna at ix.netcom.com wrote:

> j'lynn yeates wrote:
> > scenario: a region goes principality ... bordering grouips that stayed >
> > neutral later decide to join what is the process?
>
> Now those are some excellent new questions! The answers could very well
> change the nature of the struggles for and against principality! Thanks
> for providing a fresh horse to beat on. ;)

having raised stock and hounds, have always found it pointless to "beat" on
them to bring them around to your way of thinking ... only serves to
reinforce their opinion that you're just another preditor higher on the food
chain than they are.  better to come around to their way of thinking and us
that mindset to convince them that they want to do exactly what youu want
them to.  ie: the politics of force vs. the politics of presuasion.

this early in the PP (Principlaity Process) the most vocal information
comes from the immediately pro and con voices (it is an emotional issue
after all ... as my growing archives will attest).  from experience, they are
usually a subset of the complete whole with the majorities initially neutral
or biding their time for more / better information.

in many cases, the wise man simply waits to see which way the wind is
truely going to blow *before* they set their sails properly (or if it's going to
blow upa  new wind at all ... not all storms manifest, or they don't move into
your locale).  i've noted that this is especially true along the borders and
understand these process's well enough to know that always start at some
center point where they grow and and flow outward until they hit boundaries
they can't cross or they run out of energy.

hence, the questions about process / politics / joining / leaving / neutrality
especially along borders (and how they form organically or are imposed) ...
i saw firsthand how it worked before and i'm curious how it will work now ...
must be the historian in my soul.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves