SR - scenario questions ... borderlands

Lisa A. May xylm1 at ttacs.ttu.edu
Sun Jul 5 12:01:34 PDT 1998

At 09:09 AM 7/3/1998 +0000, you wrote:

>It is possible for a group to change what Kingdom or Principality
>they are a part of, but it is a difficult process and requires the
>approval of the group in question and the Crowns and Seneschals of
>both the gaining and losing areas, and the permission of the BOD.  I

Baroness Mirrim is correct that this becomes a more difficult process once
the initial borders have been set.  It can be done, however, if the
populace of a group wants it, the Kingdom doesn't object, and the BoD will
approve it.  I belonged to the Shire of Nithgaard when AEthelmearc went
principality.  Nithgaard and a couple of other groups chose not to join the
Principality at that time.  A year or so later, however, the groups changed
their minds and petitioned for inclusion in the new Principality.  It took
a bit of paperwork, but the transition happened fairly quickly.
Nevertheless, it would be far easier to have the borders "set" rather than
have local groups join individually at a later time.

Margaret

    Countess Margaret ny Connor    *    Lisa A. May
    Barony of Bonwicke                   *    Texas Tech School of Law
    Kingdom of Ansteorra                *    Lubbock, Texas