SR - Weeding out the doofusses (doofi?)

Anthony Partin squireanton at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 19 08:34:28 PDT 1998

Sir Lyonel said:  (SNIP)

>And there's the rub.  This becomes a rather touchy point as every Crown
>Tournament approaches.  Will the Crown refuse anyone?  If so, who?  On
what
>grounds?  Obviously a known cheat should be denied access, but what
>constitutes a known cheat?   We don't exactly keep accurate records of
our
>tournaments, much less of infractions therein.

I'm just curious who determines what a "known cheat".  I know we (heavy
fighters) all have reputations regarding calibration, blow calling,
attitude etc...but what constitutes infringement?  I've always just kind
of thought karma took care of it.  I've often wondered what stand or
role the mysterious (to those who are not included) belted circle took
on the action.  I know I've seen some things, and you have too, that
just weren't O.K....in fact some downright ugly fights, and felt kind of
helpless to do anything about it.  I certainly am willing to converse
with anyone about it, especially if I felt that I killed someone and
they didn't call it...but not if I'm not in the fight.  Do we leave it
up to each individual fighter's honor, integrity and chivalrous virtue,
is is there some action to be taken...

Just curious.

Anton, esq
Ffynnon Gath